Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wait There's More (goes with article below)


These are the goodies I found in the Goodwill "as is" store. I got all this loot for 1.00. Amazing! And, I have plans for all of it. The books are for me and a few of my young friends that will be visiting next week. I am so excited that Campbell, Eden and Lucas are coming to spend a few days. The plate which is very vintage looking will be a bird feeder in one of my gardens and the big mug, a planter for a small ivy cutting. However, the find of the day, the brown mug, is my souvenir from Washington D.C. where my best friend Melissa and her husband will be visiting next week. What's wrong with finding your souvenir before you go? Mel and I do it all the time. It is way cheaper and you don't have to worry about it breaking in transit. I hurried and called her so that she could stop worrying about what to bring me back when she goes. For just about .10 I have a good as new cup from Washington D.C. I bet when she goes there she will find the same one for at least 8.99 or more. So, I saved her money, time shopping and worries packing all for .10 for me PRICELESS for her! Now that's a good day's thrifting!








1 comment:

  1. You are such a thoughtful friend. I am going to give you a shopping list next time you go. Campbell needs more "shabby jeans" before she goes back to school. And of course I will not "shabby" brand new ones. xo

    ReplyDelete