Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Inspired by a Movie - Julie and Julia

Looking good

Almost ready!


Fried Pickles!
So, on Monday night my friends from the city went to see the movie Julie and Julia that has just come out. Of course, they called and invited me to join them, but since it was a 2.5 hour drive and we already had a doctor's appointment, I had to decline. The next day, Mel called to tell me that the movie was great and they all had a great time. So, I decided to invite my mom to go out with me to see the movie.
Before we left for the movie, I got on facebook and invited one of my friends from here, to join us at the movie when she got off work. I even suggested she call up her sister also to meet us there. Then, as often happens, I was distracted from the computer and did not return to see her reply. When mom and I got to the movie the previews had already begun so we were trying to feel our way in the dark to find seats. I heard someone wispering my name and it was facebook friend Debbie and her sister. I realized then that I had forgotten to go back and check to see if she would take up my invite. Good thing she came on anyway. We sat right in front of her and her sister and we all enjoyed the movie.
Now, about the movie. It was really good and was all about cooking. It made me so hungry just watching it. Ironically, it was about a young woman who was writing a blog.... hello, I am writing a blog.... she also had dreams to one day write a book.... hello, I have a dream to write a book. Anyway, tonight when I started making my son and me a "vegetarian dinner" of "fried pickles", I decided to take pictures and add it to my blog. So I did. Have you ever had fried pickles. They are yummy. I started with big, kosher dill, pickles. I sliced them up pretty thick, made up a batter of flour, egg and milk and then deep fried them until brown. To eat them, you just put them on a plate and then dip them in cold ranch dressing. You can eat with your fingers. And the best part... NO LEFTOVERS! Now, neither Julie or Julia demonstrated fried pickles last night on the movie, neverless, I felt very inspired as I cooked, ran and got the camera and took pictures of the process. I think that might be one of the symtoms of ADD, but that is what makes a blog so special. Right in the middle of everyday routine boring stuff, you can get an idea for the blog and then all of a sudden, something as boring as fried pickles becomes an inspiring article. At least to me it does. So, in short, I had something good to eat and new material for the blog. Plus I mentioned two friends names here, so there, I think this is a great blog entry!! Sew hoping you think sew too!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...what is for dinner tomorrow? Perhaps you'll be the new Pioneer Woman. xo

    ReplyDelete