Friday, August 14, 2009

Before and After

Gold Thrifted Frame



Pretty Pink Bulletin Board


Sewing Room Before


Sewing Room After

Just a few before and after photos to help keep me inspired. I might remind you though, that the gold frame was only purchased 2 days ago and I actually re-created it yesterday. Now, that is a super fast turn around. The sewing room, not so fast. Notice the pink desk. That was a project from last week. This is just about as neat as this room gets. I work in here a lot so the ironing board is always up. When I have company, I clean up all the sewing stuff (lol, by stuffing it somewhere) and fold up the ironing board. It almost looks like a guest room then. This week my two young girlfriends are visiting and I will spruce up the room for them. I will have to add another sleeping space but I am prepared. There is a blow up mattress under the bed and we will get that out and make a very comfortable sleep spot.
The weekend looms before me and I always feel pressure to do something extra around the house, but then I get stage fright, and end up doing nothing. It seems that no matter how much I get done during the week, I feel the need to do something major on Saturday. I guess left over feelings from working and school. Anyway, tomorrow my goal is to pay bills, vacuum all the floors (ulterior motive with that, I plan to vacuum in the morning to help son wake up at a decent hour), mop some of the floors and then crochet or sew. Plus, tomorrow is my 29th wedding anniversary. That is a long time and I feel that couples who stay married that long should get an extra stimulus check from the government or somebody. Hey, this is quite an accomplishment! Hubby and I will go out tomorrow night and celebrate with dinner out. Maybe I will get motivated and make that dress I was talking about earlier for something new to wear. Let's see, if we leave for dinner at 5:30, I need to start working on it by 4:00. That sounds about right. Don't you think sew?



1 comment:

  1. How pretty!! I love it. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Lisa's Sew Fun. xoxo

    ReplyDelete