Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things I Painted Last Week

Kitchen Door



Return Air Vent

Josie's Bottom


My Fingernails



Mom's Bedroom Ceiling



Blue Desk, Now Pink



Blue Desk

Wow, I must be really tired. "Yes, I am". I painted and painted and painted last week. It all started when mom went out of town. I decided to finally paint her bedroom ceiling which was a very old gray/brown tile. It actually started out as white with gold veining that I think my Dad thought would help hide spider webs. That was over 30 years ago, and yep it did hide them. Anyway, I had been telling her I would paint it for about 5 years at least, so I finally did it. It turned out great. Then, I got inspired and decided to paint my sewing desk that I have been intending to paint ever since I bought it at a garage sale about 8 years ago. I painted it pink to match my sewing room and it turned out great. Then, there it was, the old dirty, half paint scrapped off return air vent in the farmhouse we are currently restoring. (restoring sounds better than fixin up). That led to the back door of the kitchen and that's when Josie curled up in the drop cloth and got kilz on her behind. After all that, of course I needed to do my nails. So, that is how one project can get you into trouble. I finally ran out of paint and rested. Wow, I don't even like to paint and am not good at it at all. I make huge messes and waste a lot of paint, but for some reason it all turned out well. This week I am resting, unless of course I decide to ......






1 comment: