Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally, a Sewing Project

Yesterday, mom and I made plans to go shopping and I planned to meet her at her house at 10:00 am. At about 8:30 am, I decided to make myself a new blouse to wear. Ok, stop right now and understand that this is very normal for me. I will go days without sewing, but then, as soon as the mood strikes, I am there! I had this fabric already picked for this blouse pattern so all I had to do was cut it out really fast, (make a few alterations) sew it up and then get a quick shower and meet her by 10:00. I did it and was only about 5 minutes late. How about that?! I love this blouse. This is my third from Simplicity 4177 and so far my favorite. The pattern calls for elastic around the sleeve, but of course, I left that out. Saved me about 20 minutes and I prefer the loose sleeve anyway. I lengthened the blouse as well thinking that it could also double as a dress, but it is not quite long enough. I had to guess how much to add to the hips when I lengthened and I guessed wrong, so it will just have to be a little bit bunched up, tunic style top. I still love it and wore it all day long. I used a little less than 2 yards of $2.00 fabric so the top ended up costing about $3.75. The next time I make this pattern and yes, I will make more, I am going to make it into a dress, with maybe a loose hip style belt. Even Ethan said he liked it on me when he had to take the picture, so I will definitely wear it many more times.



2 comments:

  1. Looks stunning and oh my how slender you look in that picture!! I am jealous. xo

    ReplyDelete