Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fabric Fun

This, not so attractive:




Take some of this


And Get This!


Sew, today I decided to clean up in the sewing room just a bit. Which really just means, move stuff around and to another spot in the house which will have to be cleaned up as well! Anyway, I have a three projects that I need to finish this week and I get too distracted when things are messy. While I was putting away fabric that would distract me from my current projects, I came across this piece from Hobby Lobby that I just love. I don't have any plans for it just now, but I will, oh, I will. Anyway, I was afraid that if I put it away I would forget about it, so... I came up with a really quick project (less than 5 minutes) to make sure that fabric stays where I can see it so I will remember that I have it for inspiration. I took my old mouse pad that works great but looks bad, used the iron and some heat and bond stuff and ta-da: A newly covered mouse pad! Now, everyday when I get on the computer, I will see this fabric and dream about how I will use, someday, when current projects are finished. So see my dilemma, I wasn't suppose to do any other projects until these 3 are done and not only did I do another project, I had to stop and blog about it! I have all these great ideas, but I can't remember them. I even write them down sometimes, and usually I can't even understand what I meant when I go back to review my notes. I think I need a remedial craft class or something. Anyway, I must go now and finish cleaning off the dining table (where all the stuff from sewing room landed) and start one of the time sensitive projects that is waiting for me. I'll just run in here every now and then to gaze upon my new mouse pad with the cute fabric, and dream about what .....it........will......be.....some....day........oh well.........



No comments:

Post a Comment