Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Clean Fun

Start with these:


Do This


Mix it Up



You Get This!


Right up front let me state that this is not my original idea. I got the recipe for making homemade laundry detergent from www.littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com. Their recipe is slightly different than mine so go there if you want to do this yourself. I spent a total of $8.17 to make five gallons of laundry detergent. Mine did not want to dissolve and mix up well, so I have to shake it or stir it a lot before I use it. I have done one load of laundry and it seems to work very well so far. I added about 1/3 bottle of Calgon water softener to my mix. The original recipe does not call for that. I also used the big box of baking soda and their recipe calls for washing soda. Apparently there is a difference although I could not find the washing soda. The box shows that the one I bought can be used for laundry, and I found it on the laundry isle so I am giving it a shot. It might still need some tweeking, but it this should last me for several months and at 1.63 per gallon it is a great bargain. I also had lots of fun making it and my kitchen was very clean after I got done cleaning up my mess. If I ever run out of this I am going to try my friend, Wendy's recipe for dry detergent. She uses Zote laundry soap bar, ivory soap, washing soda and I think borax, I will double check. Anyway, she loves it and it only takes one tablespoon per wash. I will be sure to let you know when I try that recipe and how I think they compare. Now, off to do more laundry!














No comments:

Post a Comment