Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Look Who Came to Play and Stay?




Friday, as I stepped outside, these fellows/gals were all curled up by my kitchen door. The mom is close (she is laying on the orange box). These are our neighbor's kittens but for some reason they like it here. We have big dogs, one little dog and lots of other cats, so I am suprised they aren't afraid. I take that back, they are afraid of the humans here and we are the only ones that don't want to eat them!! Anyway, they have been here for several days now and we have been contacted by their rightful owner. He emailed and asked us if his momma cat and her kittens were here. We thought there were just 4 but he had already given away one of them. We sure don't need anymore cats around here, but we love watching them play and cuddle. No wonder you hear about lonely old people with a house full of cats. I can so be that person. Even Steve, our big bad daddy of the house here, hasn't tried to run them off. He was the first one to feed them! Boy is he slipping. I think once he found out that their owner did have formal plans for their future, he relaxed. I hope we get to keep them for several more days. They are just the sweetest little things and I have fallen in love with at least one of them. I am hoping that one gets to stay permanently.

One of them likes to drink coffee with me and one is really good with plants? Which to chose?? No doubt it will be sew hard to decide!



No comments:

Post a Comment