Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Needed A New Purse!

A few weeks ago, I bought this beautiful fabric at JoAnn's with plans to make a small quilt.

I really like this fabric, but realizing I would not be making a quilt anytime soon, I decided to make myself a purse instead. I used Simplicity 2685 view A. And here it is.....!
It was a simple pattern and only took the afternoon to sew up. I'm not sure now how I will like it as a purse/bag, but I do like looking at it! I even used up some of the scraps to make myself a new key chain to match. Then, I had a few more scraps so I made a few more....

I realize that my picture taking ability, combined with poor lighting, and not knowing how to disable my flash, all combine to result in poor picture quality. I also know that other bloggers have pictures that are so much prettier in their posts. However, I am lucky to have even taken a picture, much less, managed to turn in around right, adjust the size, download to this blog and still live to write about it... so, I am thankful for these pictures, actually quite proud! So, if you can do better, please come for a visit and teach me how! Thanks sew much..

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment