Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Finally Sewed Something

Finally, the bathroom curtains are finished. You can't see the long panel on the other side of the shower but it is there. It covers floor to ceiling shelves. I also hemmed the four long panels in the dining area and made a small valance for over the sink. I am so happy to be able to sew in my newly organized and somewhat cleaned out sewing room. On another subject, but same picture, notice the shower/tub arrangement on the right side of the picture. This was our first major purchase when we decided to move to the farm. Now, my husband, Mr. Contemplative, Compare, Shop Around, Think About, etc.. actually made a somewhat impulse buy for this kit. We walked into Home Depot on a Sunday afternoon for something (I have already forgotten) and noticed this very nice looking tub/shower kit on clearance for less than half the original price. Now, I am a great bargain shopper and was ready to snatch right up, but I was shocked that my husband was as excited as I was. He actually made me and our daughter stand there and keep our hands on it while he went after a large cart. We then had to wait with it in the front of the store while he went home to switch his car for our truck. Ok, now skip forward several weeks to when we finally got it installed and I got to settle in for my first bubble bath after working hard, hard, hard on the house. Let me illustrate the event: Imagine trying to bath your cabbage patch doll in your barbie bath tub! How had we miscalulated so badly? That tub is small and I am not, so I was totally shocked that I barely fit down into the tub. I would still be stuck there exept I let the soap float around some until I got slippery enough to crawl out. I couldn't even wash properly! Don't laugh, I love bubble baths. I need bubble baths, I must go on a diet so that I can fit into my bathtub, or it is just showers for me. I actually saw a kiddie pool at the Dollar General today and considered buying it for out behind the house. How sad is that?? It looks good though :(
Sew long for now
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment