Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boykin Springs

This is a shot of a place I used to go often when I was a kid. Natual springs coming out of rocks and flowing through the forest. A little way over is a lake where we spent many afternoons swimming and having picnics. It was interesting returning with my kid so many years later. The park has been redone and is very beautiful. The creek is clear again and if you are brave enough you can wade all the way through. We only saw one little snake and it didn't even try come near us, so we didn't get too spooked. This is a great place to visit. About 16 miles south of Zavalla towards Jasper and a whole carload of people can spend the day there for only $3.00. I'm not sure what expense that covers but in today's economy it is a great deal. Call me if you want to go down there, I am a great tour guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment