Monday, January 18, 2010

Life is A Beach

Neither wind, rain, sleet, snow, ...... can keep me off the beach!




Here is the wonderful beach house that we return to yearly!

And here are my wonderful friends who make the trip fun no matter what the weather conditions!

Your real friends like you with no makeup, bad hair, baggy sweats, etc. So far they can like you that way for at least 3 days. Maybe longer, but we had to leave to return to the real world!

This is my Pray and Crochet group that I have been meeting with for over 2 years. They meet each week at CBC to pray and crochet for friends in our church. Since my move, I no longer get to go to all of the weekly meetings, but have been known to join in on the phone from time to time. Once we get our computer confidence up, we might even try the webcam so it can almost seem as though I am there! This weekend was our second annual retreat and we had a blast. After 3.5 days, we still had much to talk about. We learned some new crochet stitches, had great food and even learned a new domino game. New for me that is.

The weather was wet, windy and cold, but we still enjoyed just being able to visit and share what each family has been doing this year. We exchanged recipes and craft ideas. As a matter of fact, I was able to make a good Christmas craft list so that I can get started on next year's gifts.

Of course, what trip away would be complete without stopping at a few new thrift shops? We only found one, but I hit the jackpot. Found just what I was looking for so I will be posting my newest thrift redo in a few days. Sew long for now.


1 comment: