Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MS 150?

NOT!


Maybe the LS 6! No, I am not about to attempt the MS 150, but I am determined to get in better physical shape and start riding my new bike that I got for Christmas. Just so happens that to my mom's and back is 6 miles, so that is where I will start.

Here I am heading off on the first trip!
As I was riding down the road I decided to try to take a picture so my readers could experience my trip sort of in 'first person'. So, I took the camera out of my handy dandy basket and tried to take a couple of shots of the road I was on.

And then, you know the rules of riding. If you look that way, you will go that way! I ran right into that muddy rut and fell all the way in that mud hole! (It was really deep) and it was not fun! I was knee deep in muddy water and socks deep in mud! I picked myself and my bike up out of the mud and started accessing the damage. I had only traveled about 1 mile and I didn't want to give up so soon, so I decided to ride the rest of the way.

Here is the muddy bike. Understand that this picture does not give good credit to how bad the damage was.

My left leg went in the deepest and so my shoe and sock were completely covered in mud. I had mud splashed all over me and also splashed on my brand new white hoodie! More about that later.
As I shook off the excess water, I noticed that a truck was approaching. The only vehicle on the road at the time and he stopped to check on me. He first asked me if I had intended to go in the mud. (I don't think he actually saw the accident thank goodness). I explained to him, that I really didn't want to go in there but hadn't been on a bike in a while. He asked me where I went to school..lol. What?? I told him my age.. and he didn't believe me. .said he thought I was in High School. Yea, right!!!! Anyway, I asked how much it was gonna cost to keep him quiet about the accident and he said, "$1,000". I then decided that if he talked and I found out about it I would just say that he ran me off the road! I think we parted with an agreement between us!
So, I finished the first leg of the ride and ended up at my mom's house. I couldn't go in because I was too muddy, but she did bring me a glass of water to have on the porch. When I knocked and she opened the door, I think I scared her. I had mud on my face and didn't realize it. I told her I had a wreck and she thought car wreck! Anyway, she almost didn't let me ride back home but I assured her that I was just fine and besides, I was too muddy to ride in her clean car! I made the ride back home with no more incidents or accidents. There was mud on my face, a big disgrace, but you will continue seeing me ride my bike all over the place!!!










1 comment:

  1. "She will, she will, keep riding, keep riding!"

    Bruce said to tell you, you are his "Champion".

    Love your sight.

    ReplyDelete