Saturday, March 28, 2009

Finally Moved In

I don't know why they call it moving in when we can't even move around in here. So, we finally got most of the stuff from Houston relocated to the farm house. This is the dining room still full of boxes to unpack. I have a new theory about moving now. When relocating to a much smaller space, just move the absolute, and I do mean absolute necessities first. Unpack everything and live there for a week. Then and only then, go back to the old house and pack up the rest of the items you just can't live without. For all others, store or donate to a worthy cause. I tried to make the decision about what to get rid of before actually moving in. Didn't work. Now, I have to unpack all of the boxes, look at everything, decide again what to keep and toss and then repack to send someplace else. Does this sound redundant at all to anyone but me? I still have a complete truck load at the old house, and really, besides my son's bed and maybe my desk, I don't even know what is still there that I really need. I think the decision to toss would come much easier if I had done it the other way. Anyway, that is a lot of words to say that basically I will be unpacking, sorting, crying, screaming, and then packing and delivering again before I can say that my work here is complete. By the way, who bought all this stuff and what the heck were they thinking anyway?? More updates later......

1 comment:

  1. Your packing story is frightening me. I'm about to move soon and *almost* in the same boat as you... though I'm too poor to have too much 'stuff' that is worth keeping.

    I'm sure you'll get everything situated in time... you're always super organized and on top of things it seems.

    I'm headed to visit Indiana on Friday, I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete