Sunday, July 26, 2009

Drive Through Gardening?

I think I have solved the problem of gardening in this Texas heat. Drive by gardening, in the air conditioned comfort of your own car. I actully discovered this by accident. My mom brought me a topsy turvey planter earlier this summer and we were experimenting by planting one of our tomato plants in it. I hung from the old clothes line because it was the best sunny spot that I had. As I watched my other tomatoes wilt under the hot Texas sun, I continued to haul water over to the hanging plant to keep it from dying as well. Finally, we were rewarded with one bloom and one tomato. I left it on the vine until it was ruby red and then on my way over to mom's one afternoon, as I drove by to check it, I just reached out of the car window and picked it. I told mom that next year, we will get a bunch of those planters and fill the clothes line with them. We won't have to pull weeds, dig in the dirt or even bend over. And as an added treat, we can just drive by there every few days to water and pick as the vegetables get ready. We shouldn't even have to break a sweat next year! Drive through gardening in the comfort of your own airconditioned vehicle. Why didn't we think of that sooner??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment