Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Behold Old Things Become New

I just finished this quilt tonight. Actually, the inside of the quilt is a very old quilt that my aunt wanted to save but it was coming all apart. I recovered the old quilt so that she can continue using it. The front is stripped pieced with Christmas prints that I had in my fabric stash, and the back is solid white from a bolt that I had purchased before my Walmart stopped selling fabric :(
I don't know the history of the original quilt that is sewn up inside this one, but I am pretty sure it was made way before we had laptops, digital cameras or the internet. I was just thinking how crazy it is that I recovered a tattered and almost used up old quilt with scraps I have been saving forever and then I took a picture with my digital camera and ran to the computer to post to my blog. Talk about culture shock. Or shockwave or something like that. It just feels weird!
Actually, I have been enjoying looking at lots of other blogs that show master quilter's work. This ain't one of them, but I feel like I have mastered something to finally get this finished! I have one more to go and I will definitely take a before picture of it. I am going to use fabric scraps from my stash again, and maybe even part with one of my beloved, thrifted, vintage sheets. So, keep watch for what I will sew up next!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    That quilt looks wonderful! I trust all is going well with you and the fam.

    I'm finally back in the same state as you (I came back July 1st)... but not for long :(

    My flight for Indiana leaves on Tuesday, and I'm going crazy trying to think of all the things I could want/need there. Trying to fit all of that into 2 measly suitcases is driving me insane... much like your packing the Starbridge house into your new home...

    I'll try calling you later to catch up

    cheers,
    Puja

    ReplyDelete