Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inspiration from the Flea Market

Thrift Store Jeans and Dirt Cheap Skirt



Ta-Da
Recently I visited the bi-annual Antique's Market in Warrington and Round Top Texas. (Blogged about a few weeks ago). We found a cute booth I believe called Junky Chic or something like that and saw some really cool embellished jeans, so....... I copy catted their idea. Yes, this is not original to me, but I did end up with one of a kind jeans! I started with a $2.00 pair of jeans from the thrift shop, my favorite right now is Alley Cat in Lufkin, Tx. I then found a $3.00 skirt at a Dirt Cheap store in Mississippi. The zipper was broken and it was the wrong size, but it had the most beautiful embroidery work and the price was right. Right away, I knew what I could do with that skirt. So I did some cutting, some ironing and adhering and I ended up with a fabulous pair of jeans. I'm sure these sell for at least $alot somewhere! Maybe my Etsy store??! When I find some other good jeans at a great price I will make some and put in the store. I love thrift shopping and creating new looks so this project combined my two favorite activities. Plus, now I have some cool jeans to wear to our church's fall festival tomorrow. I am sure no one will believe that they only cost $5.00! I'm sew not telling.....





1 comment:

  1. Super cute!! They remind me of Campbell's shabby jeans I made for her last winter.

    ReplyDelete