Friday, March 13, 2009

COME AND LISTEN TO A STORY.....



This is the house where I and my family have happily lived for the last five years. Last October, we decided to sell this house and move to a rural area to begin a slower, simplier life. Yea, right!








We have begun an adventure that should take us a least through our son's high school graduation in about 3 more years. Our new home is located back in rural east Texas where I actually grew up and graduated from high school. We have had a small house there on about 20+ acres and we are going to relocate there with all the stuff from the big house. I have been telling my friends that we are downsizing and downgrading.... however, we couldn't be more excited. Even our 16 year old son is excited. We haven't moved yet and already one neighbor has invited him to ride his horse anytime he wants and the other neighbor has invited him to fish in his catfish pond anytime. He thinks he is actually moving to his "dream home". He may never want to grow up and leave! YIKES!
Anyway, please be reminded that this blog is really about my sewing and craft adventures, but as of right now I will be throwing in a lot of home improvement projects as well. I will be living in a virtual gold mine of DIY projects. So, keep checking back in for the progress on the move and the "fixin" up of the old homeplace. Check out the pics over on the side as well. See you soon!











1 comment:

  1. I love to do makeovers and repairs in fact I own all the tools in this household not my husband:) So I will be enjoying following along watching your progress. Good luck! Karen

    ReplyDelete